Nearly all contracts are subject to changes as part of the contract review process. It generally takes several iterations to finalize a contract, so it is recommended that you allow a minimum of 4 weeks to complete the contracting process.
Refer to Administrative Bulletin 3.5 for instructions and information on Contract drafting (Section IX), Contract routing and approvals (Section X), Contract Execution and the Contract File (Section XI) and Contract Amendments (XII).
State Resources Available to Help with the Contracting Process:
- General questions on contracting and procurement, the templates and attachments, Bulletin 3.5, or IT Procurement Guide: BGS Office of Purchasing and Contracting.
- Legal questions related to contracting and procurement: Attorney General’s Office
- ADS's contract review process, and/or technology related procurement questions: sov.ITContractingandProcurement@vermont.gov
- Questions and/or assistance on security requirements for a contract: DII.SecureProcurementProcess@vermont.gov
- Questions and/or assistance on non-functional requirements for a contract: DII.EnterpriseArchitecture@vermont.gov
Contract and Attachment templates are available on BGS's Office of Purchasing and Contracting's website. Download the forms each time you start a new Contract to ensure you have the most current versions.
IT Contracts Requiring ADS Review and State CIO Approval:
- Contracts for cloud services (SaaS, PaaS and IaaS);
- Information Technology and Information Security contracts which will involve the electronic processing, storing, or transmission of Confidential Information;
- Sole Source Contracts for IT activities and information security (must be approved prior to approval by the Secretary); and
- Information Technology and Information Security contracts over $500,000.
Email your draft contract to the ADS IT Contracting and Procurement group at sov.ITContractingandProcurement@vermont.gov. An IT Procurement Specialist will coordinate the review process. Please allow 2 weeks to complete the process. Expect to receive updates, questions, and/or comments from ADS on your Contract, so please don't begin routing it for signatures if you haven't yet submitted it to ADS for review.