The EPMO Offers:
- Training Sessions
- Brown Bag Project Management Lunches
- Self-Service Training Resources & Materials (created by the EPMO)
- Industry Training Information & Links
The EPMO offers classes in project management fundamentals and the EPMO’s project management deliverables, standards, processes, and templates. The classes demonstrate the use of our industry standard tools and techniques through learning our processes and how to apply them while working with business areas. The training educates you on how to prepare for projects, to procure commodities and professional services, and to manage projects. Classes are generally offered twice annually and are scheduled through the DHR Summit Training Center.
Brown Bag Project Management Lunches
The EPMO is piloting a new concept to offer lunch time project management related webinars from renowned industry professionals. The goal is to advance project management learning within state government as well as offer those state employees with PMP certifications the ability to earn PDUs. Our motto for these events is “Lunch, Learn & Earn”. Join the Project Information Exchange to receive notifications of these events.
Industry Training Information & Links
There are many organizations devoted to establishing the standards and disciplines practiced in these professions, including those devoted to project management, business analysis, change management, and procurement. Listed below are several widely recognized affiliations, some of which include our EPMO staff as members. These organizations periodically post relative training opportunities, events, and information on the steps and prerequisites to becoming certified in these professions.
EPMO Training Resources and Materials*
Below are links to some EPMO training materials on various topics. We hope to continually improve and add new topics to our offerings:
- Business Process Workflow
- Change Management and Change Requests recorded presentation
- Enterprise Content Management or Enterprise Content Management recorded overview
- Organizational Change Management (OCM) 50 minute recorded presentation
- PMBOK 6th Edition Overview (17 minute recorded overview)
- Project Management Oversight Report recorded overview
- Project Cost Workbook - Part 1 Overview
- Project Cost Workbook - Part 2 Setup
- Project Cost Workbook - Part 3 Standard Updates
- Project Cost Workbook - Part 4 Optional Updates
- Project Cost Workbook
- Project Cost Workbook Instructions
- Project Process (self guided step-by-step) or 13 minute recorded overview
- Request For Information (RFI)
- Requirements Gathering
- Risk Management (~12 minute recorded overview)
- Featured Content Gallery
*You need to be a member of the Project Information Exchange (PIE) group to access some of the recordings linked above. See the PIE web page for a button where you can join PIE if you are a State of Vermont employee.